Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / Space warping and mirrors Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Tomislav Ivek

September 01, 1999, 05:37 PM

I'm writing my first portal engine. Currently I'm trying to add space warping support, but (obviously) I ran into some problems.

Basically, I set up my vertex structures traditionally: object-space, world-space, camera-space and screen-space coordinates together with a frame_processed-flag. World-space pos represents sector's local space and is needed by the collision subsystem. Camera-space pos is used for view frustum clipping.
I am not sure how to reconcile this structure with the fact that a sector could be viewed using different cameras (because of the warps).

I would like to keep recalculations at a minimum. Is it possible to use a frame_processed-flag with such a system? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ivek

This thread contains 1 message.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.