Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / HELP for a Real Time Strategy game. Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Scott Kent-Collins

October 08, 1999, 03:12 AM

Hello,

I am a software engineer (using C/C++) for a Point of Sales Company and recenlty some friends and I decided to learn how to develop games. I have very little knowledge on developing games and I have spent time researching all I can on it. We know we have to start off small and build up our knowledge, so for the next 6 months we'll be teaching ourselves.
Down the line we are looking at developing a Real Time Strategy game and I have a few questions to post (Please email me any answers)...

1)What graphical package would suit developing a RTS game with graphics similar to 'Warcraft2' or 'Command & Conquer'? (We aren't rich so the cheaper the better without sacrificing too much quality)

2)What books would anyone suggest to help develop a RTS game?

3)What websites (apart from this wonderful site) provide useful tutorials,practicals and code samples for game features like AI,Movement,Patroling etc?

I wish to thank you for your advice in advance, I am sure ALL answers will be highly constructive?

Scott Kent-Collins

scott.kent-collins@quest.com.au

This thread contains 1 message.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.