Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / Sprite graphics/tiles Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Viper

August 10, 1999, 04:54 PM

Does anyone know where I can get different types of sprites (shoot 'em up, platform, etc.)?

I'm doing a platform/adventure type game but need some sprites/tiles to test out my routines - I really don't want to draw them myself, I just want the test routines working then I can work my own sprites into the game.

P.S. I want other sprites genres as they'll come in handy when I turn to that type of game when this one's finished.

Thanx in advance.

Viper's Fan

August 10, 1999, 06:36 PM

Viper wrote:
>>Does anyone know where I can get different types of sprites (shoot 'em up, platform, etc.)?
>>
>>I'm doing a platform/adventure type game but need some sprites/tiles to test out my routines - I really don't want to draw them myself, I just want the test routines working then I can work my own sprites into the game.
>>
>>P.S. I want other sprites genres as they'll come in handy when I turn to that type of game when this one's finished.
>>
>>Thanx in advance.
>>

Buy a good, expensive scanner.
Since I helped you out, can I get your game for free when finished?
I'm a good tester and a generous critic.

Ake

August 10, 1999, 06:38 PM

There is something called SpriteLib, a big collection of really nice sprites and tiles.
And it's FREE. You can find it at http://www.arifeldman.com.

Viper wrote:
>>Does anyone know where I can get different types of sprites (shoot 'em up, platform, etc.)?
>>
>>I'm doing a platform/adventure type game but need some sprites/tiles to test out my routines - I really don't want to draw them myself, I just want the test routines working then I can work my own sprites into the game.
>>
>>P.S. I want other sprites genres as they'll come in handy when I turn to that type of game when this one's finished.
>>
>>Thanx in advance.
>>

Viper

August 11, 1999, 06:20 PM

Ake: Thanks a lot, that's what I was after.
Viper's Fan: hehe. I've already got a scanner, just wanted to spend more time on the coding, and yes you can have it, so can everyone else (whether they're interested is another thing) - it's going to be FREE!

This thread contains 4 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.