Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / matrix for 3-d modeling Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Self-Educator

August 09, 1999, 11:48 PM

I just looked over a textbook on 3-D graphics, and realized(again) how school-educated, studying for exams only scholars who does not know what it takes to be a computer programmer instead of 'computer nerds.'

Degree holder

August 10, 1999, 06:21 PM

R U outta your mind? How can you do 3-D graphics without matrix?
IMHO, you can't handle the matrix. It is beyond your understanding. If you want to argue, educate yourself thoroughly and support your argument.

Hermit #2543

August 10, 1999, 06:23 PM

You just realized that NOW? You're lagging, man. I thought they threw away matrix and its relatives and aquaintances a long ago.

Crazy Poet

August 10, 1999, 06:28 PM

It's not Mr.Matrix's fault.
Originally matrix is for mathematicians.
It's all Mr.Array's incompetence.
Then again he's not in commerce.
So who knows?
It's all your fault.
Why bother?
If you can't handle the truth.

Crazy Poet

Tim Lewis

August 19, 1999, 10:15 PM

Damn, I've been using something that's a 'theoretical piece of s**t' all these years to make my 3d software faster and more managable. If only I'd known it didn't exist I wouldn't have used it.
Matrices are very useful and if you just learn the rules for their use, just like any other mathematical construct (I suppose logarithms, polynomials, pi, e, sin, cos & complex numbers don't exist either), you will see that it all works. Try the numbers, they work. Nuf said.

Tim.

Tim Lewis

August 19, 1999, 10:15 PM

Damn, I've been using something that's a 'theoretical piece of s**t' all these years to make my 3d software faster and more managable. If only I'd known it didn't exist I wouldn't have used it.
Matrices are very useful and if you just learn the rules for their use, just like any other mathematical construct (I suppose logarithms, polynomials, pi, e, sin, cos & complex numbers don't exist either), you will see that it all works. Try the numbers, they work. Nuf said.

Tim.

This thread contains 6 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.