Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / Looking for 2D vector graphics engine Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

ed Boykin

August 06, 1999, 09:25 AM

I am tyring to find a good 2D vector graphics library. I woudl prefer not to spend my time developing this myself. I would like the source to be in C/C++ or pascal. Can anyone help?
Ed Boykin

Brainer

August 06, 1999, 02:30 PM

ed Boykin wrote:
>>I am tyring to find a good 2D vector graphics library. I woudl prefer not to spend my time developing this myself. I would like the source to be in C/C++ or pascal. Can anyone help?
>>Ed Boykin

Why, the fucking hell should someone give you the source, wich he worked hard for ?????

Better make one of you own, or are you too lazy?

Viper

August 08, 1999, 03:25 PM

ed Boykin wrote:
>>I am tyring to find a good 2D vector graphics library. I woudl prefer not to spend my time developing this myself. I would like the source to be in C/C++ or pascal. Can anyone help?
>>Ed Boykin

Bit of a harsh reply (what do you think the NET's for?).

Anyway I can see his point, 2D vectors are easy once you've got the basic maths (if you can't do 2D vectors, hope you don't expect to do any 3D!!!) and if you can't be bothered to code your own, I am surprised you don't just ask someone else to write your game, or whatever, for you.

There's tutorials aplenty on the NET. Anyway search for demo scene source code - especially DENTHOR'S VGA TUTORIALS - as this will help a lot.

This thread contains 3 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.