Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / Fellow Programmers Plz Read Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Underrated Citizen

July 26, 1999, 10:54 PM

Am I glad to see there are some brains who deserves more than memorizing idiots like lawyers, etc. I have been programming since I was 10 and it just hit me. In computer science, if you make one single mistake, you might throw away the year's project(assuming you are using assembly languages only or pure machine languages if you are above avg. programmer) What about other subjects? Everything does not have to be perfect. You make a mistake you patch it up. For instance, suppose you inject some chemical to a rat, and see what happens. You get the result and record it on a piece of paper. If something goes wrong, it's not the chemical but the rat, you might argue. So you test a millions of rats and see that scientifically speaking, probability is involved. The end. You see, it's a guess and check. I group them as second rated brain compared to computer programmers who build a certain mind(here I compare CPU with human brain) and you test it once and only once. It is so called pin-point accuracy. Go to math class. In my childhood, there were two groups of people. One use guess and check method in the exam. The others? They use formulas they learned from the teacher. My point is computer programming, which is a latest tech, does measure up one's capability of his brain. Take a look at biologist, psychologists, chemists, etc. guess and check retards. When it comes to memorizing, no one ever beat me in MY life. I am not boasting here but it is a pure anger caused by ignorance of one of those retards who expects me to crack a virus in a few days. Can I do it? I doubt it on this one. I will be needing a new version of debug(which has become obsolete after protected memory era) and a good reference of Windows Operating System which is kept secret in Microsoft as well as file I/O system that covers up the debug's weakness, which I will have to supply. It is not that I cant do it. It's just that it is like building a pyramid all by myself(which has been done by thousands of egytian workers) for nothing. And when it get's done, every retards will think that anyone can do it and complain what took you so long? It is twice much hard because it is about reading someone else's code. It is even more difficult if it's built by retards or beginners.

Your fellow programmer

Jaap Suter

July 27, 1999, 02:22 PM

Hey,

I always like long posts that make up a nice discussion. Cool!

But I got a question. What is your point? Maybe it's because English isn't my native language but I do not see an other point in you post than you hate to crack viruses.

This is not a stupid reply but I'm just interested in what you are trying to say.

Please help me out.

Thank you,

Jaap Suter

This thread contains 2 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.