Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / Message Center Information Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Kurt Miller

March 30, 1999, 12:26 AM

Hey there,

I just made a few changes to these message boards, mostly based around the formatting
problems that people were mentioning a few threads below this one. For those of you that
had problems w/spacing and so on, please check it now and let me know if the problems
are still present. I can't find IE 4.72 anywhere to test it -- all the download sites
I've found have upgraded to 5.0, which I did test. In any case, let me know...

Also, I thought I'd mention that html is allowed in these forums (so long as no one
abuses this it will continue), but that also means you have to be careful when you're
posting things that have characters like < in them. You can replace those with
&lt; manually if you need to. You might also notice that each forum page only
shows the latest 15 top-level threads. This is to make it easier on modem users who
check the forums frequently for new messages. I've been asked if the archives will be
available. They will (sometime soon I hope), but you will not be able to post to
them -- just view them. If you want to restart a thread, just make a new post.

Other than that, hopefully the new changes won't really affect anything else (I
backed up the data just in case), but be especially observant and let me know if you
locate any bugs or problems. Thanks.

Ciao,

Kurt

Zach Bonham

March 30, 1999, 10:17 AM

This is a test...

This is only a test...

-Zach

Kurt Miller wrote:
>>
>>
>>Hey there,
>>
>> I just made a few changes to these message boards, mostly based around the formatting
>>problems that people were mentioning a few threads below this one. For those of you that
>>had problems w/spacing and so on, please check it now and let me know if the problems
>>are still present. I can't find IE 4.72 anywhere to test it -- all the download sites
>>I've found have upgraded to 5.0, which I did test. In any case, let me know...
>>
>> Also, I thought I'd mention that html is allowed in these forums (so long as no one
>>abuses this it will continue), but that also means you have to be careful when you're
>>posting things that have characters like < in them. You can replace those with
>>< manually if you need to. You might also notice that each forum page only
>>shows the latest 15 top-level threads. This is to make it easier on modem users who
>>check the forums frequently for new messages. I've been asked if the archives will be
>>available. They will (sometime soon I hope), but you will not be able to post to
>>them -- just view them. If you want to restart a thread, just make a new post.
>>
>> Other than that, hopefully the new changes won't really affect anything else (I
>>backed up the data just in case), but be especially observant and let me know if you
>>locate any bugs or problems. Thanks.
>>
>>Ciao,
>>
>>Kurt
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

Zach Bonham

March 30, 1999, 10:18 AM

Whooohooo!

Kurt -

That did the trick!

-Zach

Zach Bonham wrote:
>>
>>This is a test...
>>
>>This is only a test...
>>
>>-Zach
>>
>>Kurt Miller wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Hey there,
>>>>
>>>> I just made a few changes to these message boards, mostly based around the formatting
>>>>problems that people were mentioning a few threads below this one. For those of you that
>>>>had problems w/spacing and so on, please check it now and let me know if the problems
>>>>are still present. I can't find IE 4.72 anywhere to test it -- all the download sites
>>>>I've found have upgraded to 5.0, which I did test. In any case, let me know...
>>>>
>>>> Also, I thought I'd mention that html is allowed in these forums (so long as no one
>>>>abuses this it will continue), but that also means you have to be careful when you're
>>>>posting things that have characters like < in them. You can replace those with
>>>>< manually if you need to. You might also notice that each forum page only
>>>>shows the latest 15 top-level threads. This is to make it easier on modem users who
>>>>check the forums frequently for new messages. I've been asked if the archives will be
>>>>available. They will (sometime soon I hope), but you will not be able to post to
>>>>them -- just view them. If you want to restart a thread, just make a new post.
>>>>
>>>> Other than that, hopefully the new changes won't really affect anything else (I
>>>>backed up the data just in case), but be especially observant and let me know if you
>>>>locate any bugs or problems. Thanks.
>>>>
>>>>Ciao,
>>>>
>>>>Kurt
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>

This thread contains 3 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.